Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mama Mia




I just finished reading Mama Mia by Mia Freedman. Apart from the fact it is absolutely hilarious that it had me nearly wetting myself at some points, it is an honest portrayal of the "glamorous" aspects of the magazine industry. Freedman's style of writing is refreshing and down to earth, as is her candidness about many personal experiences- including a bad relationship and the loss of an unborn baby.

Freedman is a popular blogger, but would most likely be mostly known for her work as Editor of Cosmopoliton Magazine. She is also an advocate for body image.

Definately a must read for anyone looking to break into the world of magazines. I'd also recomend it to any woman who struggles to balance career, family and everything in between.

A massive two thumbs up!


Check out her blog too! http://www.mamamia.com.au/

3 comments:

  1. Ok Im totally sold on this book! I really, really want to read it! And because your such a lovely person, would it be ok if I can borrow it off you? It sounds like a great read and Im excited to read it! LOve xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read maybe I should read it too ... I'll give it a go

    ReplyDelete