Friday, July 23, 2010

The worst sort of addiction. For bank accounts.

My bank account has been looking dangerously sad the last few months. And unfortunately, I have no one to blame but myself.
Actually I also blame my Aunty- because I get my spending habits and my ability to shop anytime, anywhere, from her.
I find that the problem is I buy things that I don't need and certainly don't have the money for.
I have weaknesses too, like any girl. I always need a new outfit when I go out (not generally a good thing when you happen to have five 21st's in two months), I can't go past a good bargain pair of shoes and finally cook books, whenever I go shopping (which is all the time) I treat myself to a cook book.
Treating myself for what you say? Good question, I wish I could answer it.

Until recently, I wouldn't call myself a shopping 'addict'. I'd call myself a chocoholic, a writerholic (I think I just made up a word), a procrasti-bakerholic (Ha, another one)but not a shopoholic.
Until I found myself shopping every single day of the week, and my bank screaming out in pain
So I'm taking some action of sorts- no shopping! For a week at least, that's a good start. And no buying things!
Except for food of course- I have some recipes calling my name.
Oh and except for the manicure I've already booked for next week.
Oh and except for the hotel room I'm paying for next Saturday.
Oh and except for the night out next week I'm going to have to pay for.
But apart from that, no spending.

See, I'm achieving some sort of happy medium, agreed?

The hardest bit is going to be not buying cook books! Angus and Robertson always have sales on awesome cook books! Hmph.
But I won't buy any... Until Callum wins MasterChef that is, because, well, I really want his cook book.

What sort of addictions do you guys have?

2 comments:

  1. haha. I feel your pain Morgan. At least you have a job to support your addiction. I bought dvds and now I keep buying books. Eek!
    It is just hard to resist. I will definitely try though. I will help you with your addiction and you can help me with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well u definitely didn't get your shopping addiction from me did you!!!

    ReplyDelete