Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And the winner is... Reality TV

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I el-oh-ve-ee reality TV. Especially when it causes controversy, and hasn't Australia's Next Top Model caused some controversy over it's time?
Remember Jodhi Meares' terrible live grand final performance, and then her utter no show? Good stuff.
Last night trumps it though.
If you haven't seen it, take a peek.




Sarah Murdoch blames whoever fed her the information; Foxtel blames Sarah Murdoch. Others say it was a sick publicity stunt. Who's right?
Really, who cares?
Look at all the publicity the show's getting. It's in every newspaper, on every morning show, in every news segment and on every blog (cough).
I think (eventual) runner-up Kelsey Martinovich took the news extremely well, and graciously. It's been revealed that Foxtel are compensating Kelsey with extra prizes, including a trip to New York. I feel for her, but I also feel for winner Amanda Ware. How the eff was she supposed to react in that sort of situation? And I'm sure her victory would have felt a little bitter sweet (at the time that is, by now I would suggest she's enjoying every moment of being the winner).

As always when something like this happens, social media when off it's nutter.
My favourite tweets on the situation come from Claire at @downtownnewtown who tweeted-
'Yo KESLEY Imma let you finish but AMANDA is the greatest TOP MODEL of all time. #ANTM'
and Brendan Maclean at @macleanbrendan who tweeted-
'In the end the real winner was a show that I wouldn't know existed had Murdoch read the correct name. #ANTM'

So what do you think? Honest mistake? Set-up? Do you even care?

1 comment: